World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2021
The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is an annual international campaign, held on 28th April, to promote safe, healthy and decent work. The focus for 2021 is anticipate, prepare and respond to crises.
At NOTE Windsor, ensuring we create a safe working environment for our employees is paramount. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented challenges in relation to the virus and the many effects it has had on the workplace.
We have adhered to our rules and restrictions and are pleased to report that we have not had a single COVID case either in or coming from the factory. We thank our teams for their patience, support and hard work, which has led to this excellent result. We are at V11 of our COVID rules, which is also an indication of how we are adapting and responding to the latest Government advice.
Some examples of things we have undertaken to keep our employees safe:
- Risk assessments and clearly communicated rules
- New facial recognition door entry and clocking systems
- Track and trace booking system at reception
- One-way system in place to limit walkway traffic and modifications to production layout with perspex screen installations and line widening
- Additional office space to ensure safe distancing for all
- Refurbished offices and canteen with limited numbers for each space to ensure social distancing
- Staggered start and finish times
- Signage in place to keep us aware, supported with regular updates to all employees.
We have learnt of a lot of lessons over the past year which has built our resilience to face crises now and in the future, drawing on our lessons learned.