Annual Report 2002
– The group reports the best result so far, SEK 31 m. before tax, a 43% increase
compared to previous year. The net turnover increased with 24% to SEK 636
– Profit per share increased with 11% to SEK 57,5 (52). The number of shares
increased from 300 000 previous period to 384 000 actual period.
– In January NOTE was approved by the Defence Matériel Administration
(FMV) as an educational unit for soft soldering FSD 5115.
– In May a conference called ” the Construction days ” were arranged for the
second year in a row. During two days seminars and discussions were held
regarding the best construction of electronics for efficient production.
– In May the new office in Gothenburg were opened that will handle sales and
some manufacturing for NOTE’s customers in the western part of Sweden.
– NOTE advanced to the 4:th place among engineering companies on the
Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladets list over the fastest growing companies
in Sweden, that were published in June.
– The NOTE board of directors were strengthened at an extra general meeting
in September: Ulf Mikaelsson previous Divisional Manager in the insurance
group Skandia and Lennart Svensson previous Financial Director in
the paper mill group Holmen, were elected.
– October 1, NOTE merged with one of the leading EMS suppliers in the
southern part of part of Sweden; Xperi AB, Lund, with subsidiary in Lithuania.
New shares were issued for slightly more than 22% NOTE-shares to
finance the merger, which was approved at an extra general meeting October
16. The general meeting also elected the President of Xperi, Kjell-Ake
Andersson as a member of the board for NOTE AB.
– The global co-operation alliance, ems-ALLIANCE has continued to expand
during the year to meet the clients demands for production close to the market,
and also to enclose global competitive agreements for material and to
solve production matters with the exchange of technique between the companies.